• -Manages and supervise all works related to the Rural Development under coordination Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and rural Development;
• Coordinates activities of the officers of the rural development in field offices of the ministry;
• Link, keep in touch and coordinate the activities with together units within ministry;
• Take part in working groups and teams that are dealing with analyses, design, planning and implementation of policies, strategies, programs and projects related to the rural development,
• Initialize projects and programs that would be support the improvement of live conditions and work as well as development of human resources of rural population;
• Promote and support establishment and continuation of the activities in farm and out of the farm as well as work in the direction of promotion of possibilities of the rural/employment revenues.
• Secure necessary support on the organization and mobilization of farmers groups, associations and cooperatives and take part in the coordination of local and international NGO.